This website is owned and operated by:
Great Prospects Care Ltd, 198 Wincheap Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3RY
For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation (as defined below) Great Prospects Care Ltd is the data controller. References to “Great Prospects Ltd.
We take the privacy of your information very seriously.
- through your use of our website (as defined below) and any Great Prospects Care Ltd application that we make available from time to time or by contacting us via any means including through our Website, Facebook, by email or phone;
- by interacting with our content and/or services including by applying to be one of our carers or employees.
This policy does not apply to our employees or carers only. References to “you” are references to any person accessing this website.
Definitions and interpretation
“Data Protection Legislation”
the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679; together with all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection and including any statute or statutory provision which amends, extends, consolidates or replaces the same. The terms “personal data”, “data subject”, “controller”, “processor”, “process” (and its derivatives) and “special categories of personal data” shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulation 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
Information we collect about you
From our website users / people who contact us via the Website:
- We may collect the following types of personal information (personal data) about you when you use the website or when you correspond with us (for example, by email) for any reason:
- Contact information such as name, address, email addresses and telephone numbers
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), cookies and methods used to browse away the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
From applicants to Great Prospects Care Ltd
- We may collect the following types of personal information (personal data) about you in connection with applying to be an employee or carer for Great Prospects Care Ltd:
- your name and date of birth;
- your home address and contact details (including your mobile telephone number and email address),
- your educational (including what training courses you have completed) and professional qualifications, your right to work, visa status, employment status; and
- your experience in providing care in a professional capacity;
- what training courses you have completed;
- the type of care you are interested in providing;
- any other information about you that you disclose to us during the application process including your CV; and details of how you heard about Great Prospects Care Ltd
Automated decision making
- We do not use automated decision-making processes during our relationship with you. Applications and decisions are always reviewed manually.
Purposes of processing and use of your personal information
- Any or all of the above types of personal data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible services and experience when using our Website or otherwise when providing our Services.
- Generally, personal data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- consider your application where you have applied for a position with us
- improvement of our products/services;
- data analytics;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you;
- administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you (where we have the right to do so);
Legal basis for processing
- Our processing of your personal data is necessary: (i) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; (ii) where required by a legal or regulatory obligation; and (iii) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
- We will only process special categories of personal information such as information about your health if such processing is necessary for the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services or by obtaining specific consent from you at the time we collect it.
- If you completed the Data Protection Consent Form appended to the Great Prospects Care Ltd Terms and Conditions you will have provided consent in accordance with Data Protection Legislation to the processing by Great Prospects Care Ltd of your special categories of personal data.
- Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and service development.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud and otherwise conduct background checks;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us);
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
- Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers.
Where we store your personal data
How long will we keep your information?
- We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
- Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving it.
- You have a number of rights concerning the way that we use your information. At any time, you have the right to:
- be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from whom it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- request access to or a copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- request the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- request the erasure of your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information;
- (request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
- ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible; and
- ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details.
- Requests to exercise these rights should be made in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a within a reasonable period or in accordance with any statutory time limits contained in Data Protection Legislation.
- You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list for email news alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such email communication from being sent to you, by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
- Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
- We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
Third party websites and services
- Great Prospects Care Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website.
Links to other websites
- Data security is of great importance to Great Prospects Care Ltd and to protect your personal data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Great Prospects Care Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
|Strictly necessary cookies
|These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website.
|They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. User data is non-identifiable.
|These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other right or remedy.
Contacting us and complaints
- If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.